Login Register

Have you ever created an app?

There are a few programs nowadays that make it relatively easy to create apps for mobile platforms, such as iOS and Android. Some apps are basically just wrappers for the browser view of a certain website, but others can get more complex than that. Have you ever tried to create a mobile app?

This is an interesting question.
I am actually about to start work on planning an application for a local sports club that I am involved in, however we're currently in talks about whether or not to go ahead with it.

At current, I have not created a mobile application.

Create a brighter future
[Image: pwg86Hx.png]
"To live a creative life, we must first lose our fear of being wrong"

I have not created a mobile application only because to get it to other people, I would have to purchase a license from Apple and I don't want to buy that.

(12-24-2016, 03:06 AM)Blessings Wrote: I have not created a mobile application only because to get it to other people, I would have to purchase a license from Apple and I don't want to buy that.

Isn't android free to develop for though?

Create a brighter future

(12-24-2016, 03:06 PM)katos Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 03:06 AM)Blessings Wrote: I have not created a mobile application only because to get it to other people, I would have to purchase a license from Apple and I don't want to buy that.

#iPhone

(12-24-2016, 05:39 PM)Blessings Wrote:

#iPhone

oh no, I too am on iPhone, but if you wanted to, you could develop an app for Android free of charge, IIRC

Create a brighter future

Android is free to develop, not sure about Apple but both the Apple Store and Google Play will cost somewhere above $100 to start posting your apps.

Either way, this is where I come in and recommend Xamarin, fantastic way to create mobile apps. Free of charge. That is one program that I use to create apps built from Atlas Industries.

(12-26-2016, 12:06 AM)Suraf Wrote:

Android is free to develop, not sure about Apple but both the Apple Store and Google Play will cost somewhere above $100 to start posting your apps.

iOS is much the same; XCode is free, but to get it onto the App Store, you need to pay.