Login Register

How to watermark your work

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 10:34 PM by katos.)

How to watermark your designs

With the growing popularity of "ripping" designs (that is, taking a design and claiming it as ones own), I thought this tutorial may come in handy. Watermarking your work is actually very easy and can help to protect it. Please note that depending on the graphics you are making and the watermark that you are making, it could be possible that people could trace your design, or remove the watermark.

In this tutorial, I will be making use of a pattern, which you can download from here:
http://creatorswave.com/Downloads/Watermarks.pat 

Now that you have your watermark patterns, you will want to load them into Adobe Photoshop. 
To do this, you can either double-click the pattern file, or go to Photoshop and go to Layer > New fill layer > Pattern

Name your layer as you wish:
[Image: 531786bbd5.png]

Hit "OK"
You can now go to the drop down menu, and select your pattern file: 
[Image: 531bb8e7ea.png]

You can now find your pattern file, and load it in. Once loaded - you will see the two patterns at the end of your installed patterns. For the purposes of this tutorial, I hid all others:
[Image: 531e2c8253.png]

Select the layer that best suits your needs and hit OK.
You will see a fill-layer like so:
[Image: 53178dc816.png]

You can now use this as a watermark for your work! 
If you wish, you can also add a personal touch by adding your logo:
[Image: 532f4dc414.png]

Merge the two layers (the pattern and your logo) and go to the rectangle marquee tool ( [Image: 531794fd87.png] )
select the entire canvas with your tool, right click and go to Edit > Define Pattern.
You can now set this as your watermark pattern.

Create a brighter future
[Image: pwg86Hx.png]
"To live a creative life, we must first lose our fear of being wrong"

Thanks for this amazing tutorial! This will be especially useful.

(08-05-2016, 02:39 PM)Suraf Wrote: Thanks for this amazing tutorial! This will be especially useful.

My pleasure!

Create a brighter future

That seems much good . Hope it comes handy somewhile

It seems simple enough. I like this tutorial. But what about using text instead of pattern? Or your logo or something else?

(12-05-2016, 02:31 PM)WorldClassic Wrote: That seems much good . Hope it comes handy somewhile

Thanks! Hope it comes it useful for you.

(12-05-2016, 03:00 PM)Daphne Wrote: It seems simple enough. I like this tutorial. But what about using text instead of pattern? Or your logo or something else?

That's actually also fairly simple. 
Create your text as you want and duplicate the layers. Merge them all into a single layer and ensure it's rasterised. Create a pattern using this layer and then you can do the above.
The logo one you can do the same way, or merge with the pattern, as shown here: http://puu.sh/qq1iB/47b06080cf.png

Create a brighter future

Very nice tutorial katos. Will come handy.

[Image: 214wgI8.png?3]

(01-22-2017, 08:38 PM)Sir Twisted Wrote: Very nice tutorial katos. Will come handy.

Thanks! 
For those wondering, resource is currently down and will be fixed shortly.

Create a brighter future

Fixed images and resource link.

Create a brighter future

Can't view any images. :thinking: