Login Register

Asperger's Network: AspieSee™ Project Development Thread

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 10:57 PM by Ben Cousins.)

It is a well-known, well-acknowledged fact that the best way to manage a website is with a panel.

This is nothing new, MyBB has an Admin Panel, Wordpress has an admin panel. It is there to stop people from tinkering around with the MySQL command line -- or worse still, phpMyAdmin exposed to the internet.

And I am a firm believer that not having a phpMyAdmin instance exposed to the internet is a good idea.

Generally speaking; the administration domain is http://example.com/admin - or something equally insane. We thought: Yeah, this is a terrible idea. We could honeypot, or we could go one better.

We opted for one better.

Over the next few weeks, I intend to share more about AspieSee™ - how it works, and how we will utilize it.

Can't wait to see more about AspieSee! Smile

Create a brighter future
[Image: pwg86Hx.png]
"To live a creative life, we must first lose our fear of being wrong"

First look at AspieSee™: Our forums administration panel.

Taking a page from MyBB, we use "forums display orders" to show how things should be displayed on the forums index page.

[Image: v9ANWnl.png]

I'd love to see more surrounding your "one better" than honeypot, and how you intend to secure AspieSee for the future.
Loving how it looks so far! Smile

Create a brighter future
[Image: pwg86Hx.png]
"To live a creative life, we must first lose our fear of being wrong"

(01-07-2018, 02:51 PM)katos Wrote: I'd love to see more surrounding your "one better" than honeypot, and how you intend to secure AspieSee for the future.

It's on an entirely different subdomain with port offsets and is connected to ADDS through LDAP for authentication. This allows anyone with access to issue reboots with their username, giving logging to us so we can see if a Moderator rebooted, and can then chase it up.

Permissions have to be thought out; because at the moment, it's a free-for-all. LDAP presents interesting possibilities on this front.