Greetings, creative surfers!Â
Recently, some people may have noticed that our site now aims to limit leeching through the use of a register-to-view link system.
The aim with this, is to ensure that valued content creators do not see their work leeched without having some form of return (the hope is, that by forcing users to be logged in, we can engage more conversation and feedback for the creators.)Â
However, it has been bought to my attention that this still covers a few issues:
Of which, my replies are generallyÂ like so:
- Just because users are signed in, does not mean that they will converse.Â
- Images that carry a HTML link will also be hidden, rendering some threads with absolutely no content except the "please login to view link"
- Some users mayÂ find ways to bypass this filter.
- Should we instead be using a "please like, or reply to view content"Â
- Could we perhaps filter out image tags? If so, how difficult will this be, and would this not hinder the reasons for using such a leech-filter in the first place?
- Point three, of the above, doesn't reallyÂ bother me too much. (Not in the sense of, I couldn't care if leechers exist), but in that the likelihood of bypassing modernÂ filters that are well-made and maintained is low, and those that find ways to do so, obviously have absolutely no intention of stopping to say "thanks". In which event,Â unfortunately, we're unable to stop everyone from leeching.
So, I ask our valued members the following:
- Would you like for this leech-prevention system to remain, or be removed?
- Would you prefer us to move to a "please replyÂ to see content"Â
- Would you like us to filter out images, or should these be included in our leech-protection?
- Do you feel that such a system impedes your use of the forum for any of the following reasons:
- Â Â Â Â The system becomes frustrating when browsing the forums either as a guest or registered member.
- Â Â Â Â The system impedes me from viewing quality content.
- Â Â Â Â The system inhibits my chance to spread content to a wider audience.
- Â Â Â Â Other (Please state)
Thank you for taking your time to read this thread and provide valuable feedback to us, in order to aid us with our development of Creators Wave.
We hope that you continue to enjoy our site.